Have you ever set a New Year’s resolution that you failed to keep? More specifically, have you ever made up your mind to get in shape, stuck to your goals for the first couple of weeks and then lost interest and quit, frustrated and discouraged? How many times have you been through this scenario?
What if you could start again, this time with help? A personal trainer can help you reach your goals. Sure, there’s a cost to hiring a personal trainer, but personal training is an investment in your health that more than pays off in the end.
A personal trainer will help you stay on track and meet your fitness goals in the following ways:
- Work with you to develop and set your own personal, individualized goals
- Hold you accountable and be with you at every session.
- Believe in you even when you are feeling at your lowest and don’t believe in yourself.
- Develop a realistic routine with you that makes sense, which will maximize your time in the gym but not overwhelm you.
- Give you new ideas and a fresh perspective on fitness, nutrition and healthy living. A good trainer will stay on top of health trends and help you focus on what’s pertinent to your situation.
- Provide you with consistent, solid and non-judgmental support and feedback without making you feel inadequate or judged.
- Help you prevent injury by guiding you in proper form and technique. A trainer will teach you how to use equipment properly so that you do not injure yourself, as well as help you to safely rehabilitate from an injury you may already have sustained.
- A trainer will help you increase your balance, flexibility, and core strength to improve your ability to perform the activities of everyday living.
- Provide sports specific training if you are you an athlete.
- Maximize your workout time. You will burn more calories in less time when working with a trainer.
Each week your trainer will follow up to see if you achieved your workout goals for the week, tweaking the program to help you be successful!
Working with a trainer will allow you to achieve results much more easily than you can on your own, but the most important benefit you’ll receive is the trainer’s knowledge, education, and expertise. Before hiring a personal trainer, make sure he/she is professionally certified and involved in continuing education in the field.